Friday, April 1, 2011

Origami Cranes for Japan

Beth told my LLED class about this special origami crane fundraiser for Japan.
http://studentsrebuild.org/japan/
I was totally and completely intrigued by this idea and so that week in my collaborating teachers classroom I decided to have my students create origami cranes. This activity for them was a little bit difficult, but I believe that they really enjoyed.
Before the activity I showed my students news clippings and videos about the earthquake and tsunami in Japan so they were more aware of the needs and struggles they are faced with.
Because the activity took longer than normal it went into their recess time however, one of my students said, "I wish we could go outside to recess, but i'd rather be make these for Japan." That comment was really sweet!
Here is the aftermath of the activity!






1 comment:

  1. How beautiful! I'm glad this inspired you and that the kids enjoyed it!

    Beth

    ReplyDelete